Client / Contractor:
Smelter Campaign Maintenance Shutdown Project
Scope of Work:
Basetec Services was engaged by BHP as part of their Shutdown Project to provide a turnkey solution to all FRP requirements on site.
The full scope of work included but was not limited to:
- Design & drafting including FEA stress analysis
- FRP mechanical testing and inspection reports of existing process equipment to provide lifespan analysis
- Gas cooling tower packing media supply & installation
- Design, manufacture & installation of structural FRP beams to gas cooling tower
- Internal tank linings
- Manufacturing of FRP pipe & components
- Site installation & mechanical fit-up
All works were completed on schedule, whilst implementing Basetec’s ISO 9001 quality management system, and providing the client with a complete Manufacturers Data Record (MDR) upon completion.