Resources & Energy Overview
Basetec Resources & Energy services the mining, energy, oil and gas sectors.
Due to the array of aggressive chemicals derived from oil, gas and mining extraction/refining, corrosion is a growing problem for this industry. On top of this, the harsh conditions faced offshore and in remote areas on land mean that durable, custom solutions are often required.
Basetec implements its vast knowledge of specialist materials, particularly composites, to custom design assets and services. We specialise in GRE/GRVE/GRP pipes and fittings, tanks and processing equipment.
Resources & Energy Capabilities
Technical Services, including:
- Bespoke Process and Structural Design
- FEA Analysis and CAD Modelling
- Design Calculations
- Specification Review
- Material Design and/or Selection
- Material Specification and Testing
- On Site Testing and Commissioning
- Feasibility Studies
Construction and Installation Services, for:
- Acid Pipelines
- Flowlines and Gathering Lines
- Fire Water Systems
- Crude Oil Transmission Lines
- Cooling Water Main and Intake Lines
- Acid Plant and Gas Processing Plant Construction
- In-plant Process Pipelines
- Refineries and Distillation Facilities
- Tank Farm and Storage Facilities
- Solvent Extraction Plants and Equipment
- Separation and Scrubbing Systems
- Offshore Platform Piping Systems and Caisson Piping
- Water and Oil Reinjection Systems
- Ballast Pipe Work
Basetec were contracted for the module fabrication of 16 IX Valve racks for the APLNG Water treatment facilities. The scope of works included NovaFlo 1000 FRP pipe, steel fabrication, valve, mechanical installation, hydro-testing and commissioning.
Basetec were engaged by Viva Energy to complete a gas plant fire water ring main in Geelong, Victoria (Australia). Basetec was engaged for the entire project, from surveying, to excavation, building the pipes, installation, and testing.
Design Manufacture and Installation of NovaFlo™ GRVE / GRP Pre Assembled units for APLNG Water Treatment Facilities. Piping was built in accordance with BS7159 and ISO 14692.
Basetec Services were engaged by BHP to Design and Construct new electrolyte pipework for their copper refinery. The pipework needed to be able to hold Sulphuric Acid at 80 Degrees Celsius.